Prologue: The urgency of reality.
1. Struggling in the world of Nation-States.
2. Nation and state
3. Fragility: a donor's concept but not far from reality.
4. Nation building and state building and the challenge of fragility
5. The Scylla and Charybdis of nation-building
6. Nation-building: identity and identification, process and content
7. Nation-building: sovereignty and citizenship
8. Nationhood: multifaceted
9. Nationhood: Civic, Religious, Cultural and ethnic identities
10. A program of Nation-building.
11. Complementarity: peace-building, nation-building, state-building
12. Epilogue: The reality of urgency.